1. I'm pregnant! (Hence the super long break) Due January 14 and hoping to feel better and more energized soon. Keep your fingers crossed.
2. We went to Ohio! A wedding of an old friend, THREE double dates with Ben and Missy, and a long car ride where Bj and I actually talked without being interrupted. It was the longest time we have spent together since July 2007. Wow.
3. We went to the Cleveland Zoo and I got to play with my Dad's telephoto lens. Two of my favorite pictures of the day were the Mama Koalas and their new babies. Have to say I'm excited to do this in January :)
We had to be very quiet-only whispers to prevent waking their slumber.
And boy is it hard to keep color consistent under zoo lights. But sadly we remember I can never, ever be a wildlife photographer, so zoo lights it is.
I was also super surprised with the sheer volume these birds could create. It literally hurt the ears...but check out the boca! Didn't know I could have that with a telephoto.
We took this trip with a very large group and have to say it was so much fun-until Charlie was done, and then Charlie was done. But it was fun with Nonnie, Bapa, Shelly, Jalen, Missy, Maya, Laney, Rachel, Riley, Brady, Stephanie and Brenna. See? A lot of people!
4. Lily and Maya had their very first official sleepover. Sadly it will be the last for a while, but it was an interesting experiment...yeah, sorry again Missy ;)
Charlie got to hang out for a while too-just long enough to teach Laney a few new tricks.
(sorry again, Missy ;)
5. We also went to see fireworks-my first time in many years. Actually I think one of the last times was back in the day of a film camera where I took a million pictures to commemorate the engagement of Cassie & Patrick-lucky for me I ended up with one good one. I still need some practice on the firework shot for the next time. It is hard...
6. Next up was our family reunion. I can't remember the last time I saw my cousins-at least fifteen years, and I have never met any of their GORGEOUS kids. Let me just say I am really proud to say, every single one of them was so sweet, so nice, so fun. I just wish I got to see them more. Lily was especially taken with the girls and their crafts and most definitely Hayley who was famous (to her) with her broken foot. The boys kept Bj very busy with all the basketball and catch (although I am happy to say, I got in a really good catch with Dylan myself and I still have it if I do say so myself ;)
7. Finally, the parade. Sadly I didn't take too many pictures this year as it was so so hot. I was hot. REally hot. Unpleasantly hot. Plus I had to try to keep Charlie away from eating all 20 pounds of our candy. I only slightly succeeded. At least he listened to me when I asked him to show me his blue tongue.
So that's it-our Ohio trip. Stay tuned for more stories-primarily about a boy named Charlie. Really, you want to stay tuned. And hopefully it will be blogged soon...